We have started three landscaping studies of technologies that can support delivery of Scotland’s Energy Efficiency Programme.
The tree studies, which have been commissioned simultaneously, will focus on:
- heat generation technologies,
- energy efficiency (retrofit solutions to buildings), and
- smart energy solutions.
Together, the three studies will consider technologies against a suite of criteria including Technology Readiness Level (TRL), cost-effectiveness, carbon reduction and economic benefit. The intention is that this work will provide an understanding of what the short-tern technological options are for the SEEP.
The work is being done by:
- BRE - IQ1, on heat generation technologies
- The National Energy Foundation - IQ2, on energy efficiency
- CAG Consultations with Smarter Grid Solutions - IQ3, on smart energy technologies
See the specifications for the projects on the links in the right hand column.